Why DYHA? Some programs believe House hockey is where kids just learn the basics. DYHA believes that kids should learn not only to play the game well but also develop a passion for the game! We believe passion for the game is built on obtaining solid fundamentals but also through being part of a team and experieincing the unique camaraderie of the sport. House Hockey is more than learning the basics, its about becoming immersed in the greatest game!
The DYHA House League is different than most Hockey programs because we offer intra-league competition at every level, winter tournaments and season ending playoff competition culiminating in a Super Sunday in early March where all our division Champions are crowned! At DYHA, we teach the game and ignite the passion within each player!
DYHA house hockey teams predominantly play teams within the DYHA organization, all level of players are welcome
The Mini-Mite Program at DYHA is the exciting first step into the wonderful world of Youth Hockey. Mini-Mite's is a learn to play hockey program typically designed for 5 year-olds who have either had some instruction or are true hockey beginners (this is not a learn to skate program).
HOCKEY TEAM LEVELS (LOWER HOUSE)
---Mites: 2011 and 2012 birth years (10-12 Teams)
---Squirts: 2009 and 2010 birth years (6-8 Teams)
HOCKEY TEAM LEVELS (UPPER HOUSE)
---Senior Minor: 2006, 2007 and 2008 birth years (4-6 TEAMS)
Key Dates for the 2019-2020 Season
- May 1st - May 15th, 2019: Returning Player registration
- May 15th, 2018: Returning Player registration ends (Waitlist Application becomes necessary and late fee applies)
- May 1st, 2019: Deadline for all Financial Aid Applications
- February 10th - August 30th, 2019: Mini-Mite registration (2014 birth year)
- February 10th - August 30th, 2019: Mighty-Mite registration (2013 birth year)
- March 1st- September 2019: Waitlist notification time period
Mite B White Tryouts TBD
Mighty Mite Evaluations TBD
Mite House Evaluations TBD
Squirt House Evaluations TBD